In the Quest for my mower I built a comparison sheet.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PsRumors, Aug 6, 2005.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

Take a look, am I missing anything? With the exception of the Scag WildCat they are all 72" decks. I assumed the Toro and Exmark to be identical in build parts, correct me if I am wrong.

Is there anything else I need to be considering?

I will say this, I demoed a Scag TT 61" w/ Kaw 29 DFI and that is one great machine. I am heavliy leaning towards the Scag.

Any experience with the 35hp briggs?
  2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the top speed on the 31hp exmark is 12 not 10 like the toro. Also the drive tires are 26 not 24 That is the bigest difference I see. Have you considered the ferris or hustlers. just throwing out a few more models.
  3. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

I haven't the Ferris. I am going to look at the Hustlers this AM and will be adding them.
  4. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

The large Briggs and Stratton engine with 35 HP is a very interesting new design from Briggs and it's Daihatsu Japanese partner. The new engine line weighs considerably more than previous Briggs aircooled V-twins and was intended from the start to be a heavy duty engine. Only time will tell, but I believe that it will prove to have industry-leading life span for V-twin engines. Both aircooled and liquid cooled engines are available in the lineup. The Briggs and Stratton site has much more information and Diesel Progress carried an extensive report on Briggs' new commercial power line.