In this business its ok to Micky Mouse something to get you through.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Jul 13, 2005.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

My electric clutch finally died on my Bobcat and my dealer cant get a new one till the end of the week. I need the mower and cant get my work done with out it. I had to do something. So I took the clutch off and used a spacer in place of it. I tightened the spacer up against the belt pulley and jammed the blades on. So now when I start the engine the blades spin with it.

I was nervous about putting it on the trailer. But the blades clear and they don't hit anything thank god. The Micky Mouse rig will get me through till the clutch comes in. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That's how we know that you are the boss and are not the employee.

For most employees, any excuse will do but the boss - he finds a way to get things done.

3. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe only the air gap on your clutch was out of adjusment if bobcat is adjustable but if the bearings went....see ya.

4. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Theres little thin metal strips that attach the clutch on to the pulley. They broke one by one until it was disconnected. New clutch time.

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

I was just guessing,if a clutch is acting up on one of my scags the air gap is the first things I look at,it was just a thought.