Inbound Links

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by JContracting, Apr 8, 2014.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

For those that have them on here, does it affect the possibility of a potential client searching your company name and finding your posts?
    As long as your username isn't your company name and your hyperlink is something like "Minnesota Lawn, Landscape, & Snow Services"

This is something I'm new to, just trying to bump up my website on the search listings :)

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Absolutely. The search engine strength that Lawnsite brings can work for and against your goals. This morning, I happened to look at one example where [dethatching][city] brought back a Lawnsite member's dethatching service page as the #4 ranked result. Directly ahead of it, at #3, happens to be that member's post on a similar topic. His post on the subject includes the discussion of profitability. To me, that opens the door for vetting that a business owner may not want.

Personally, I would avoid that like the plague. I don't recommend anyone link from here to their business sites. If this was a homeowner's forum, and you were helping answer questions, it would be a different story. This is an industry site with a wide range of posting topics you might not enjoy the ramifications of your clientele reading (realistic chance of that happening or not).

3. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks a lot! That's the info I needed. I'll definitely not be putting my website in my signature!
    Posted via Mobile Device