Incentive Plans

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Aug 2, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What type of incentive plans are you guys doing for you employees?
  2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

you're telling me none of you have incentive plans for your employees to work more efficiently? if not, why not? if so, please share. thanks
  3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, we don't currently have any incentive plans but our local ChemLawn guys get a percentage of revenue over their daily and weekly quotas. Other locals have similar plans that are all based on productivity. I can see the appeal for the techs but I don't see how that would benefit me since all that does is encourage techs to go fast regardless of quality. You really have to be careful that you're rewarding the right result.
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I worked for a company for 16 yrs and never had an incentive plan. We were given routes that were just big enough for a days worth of work. You didn't have to rush to get done and even if you came back with unfinished work it was ok.They want quality or quantity. It cost more to go back for service calls.Your better off offering a bonus if they sign up the neighbor.