Incentives and discounts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

As we gear up for 2013 I'd love to talk about incentives. As it stands I give a customer referral discount of anyone that passes my name on. I base it on the amount of money generated by the lead.

I also do a 5% prepay discount for anyone who wishes to pay up front.

I'm also going through my list and raising some prices where I need too. So I was thinking about other ways to attract customers.

Thought about a discount if anyone adds apps to their mowing package? Maybe 5% here and raise prepay to 7%? They could pick one or the other

What about a discount for adding optional services like grub, lime, or fungicides? I offer a preventative fungicide and grub program that might encourage people to sign up n

I feel that I offer affordable services and would love to build a business and reputation on that basis.

2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

I give senior / veterans and referral discounts. But I thought about discounts for more of my services, then I sit back and think I'm in business to make money. I try to help people the most but then they take advantage of me thinking that everything I do they deserve a disount or a break. I know it may sound rude but I just stick to my normal discounts. I looked at it this way. When a cop asks " do I get a discount for being a cop ". I simply say with a smile, " if you pull me over and mention I'm a landscaper are you gonna give me a break " he's says nope. Well there's your answer. I come from a family of police and myself being a former firemen and veteran. I appreciate the service but again I'm in business to make money. :)