Incentives for mon,tues,wed. mows

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wiseguyslawn, Mar 17, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

does anyone offer discounts or incentives for customers who let you mow in the beg. of the week. My thurs, fri, are jammed and sat. r filling up.

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Man I do all my cuts on Wednesday.

3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

When I only had 5-10 I cut on Frid and Sat worked, I have 30 now and they get cut when I'm mowing you can't make everyone happy....I keep my higher end stuff Fridays and Saturdays

4. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Where they fall on the route is when they get cut. Extra charge of $5 per cut to go off route. We have 7 customers that pay the extra $5 to be cut on Thur. We don't cut on Friday, that is our rain out day. You set the day they are cut unless they want to pay extra, gas and drive time labor are to high.

James

5. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

i agree. pay extra for special requests. newer customers have to wait for "good" spot to open on your route.

6. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

I will only mow Mon-Thurs keeping fri open for rain delays and extra work. If they don't like it, they didn't really want ME to mow anyway.

7. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

go to certain areas on certain days.my.2

8. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mon,Tue and Weds are regular price and Thur and Fri are premium.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

No incentives. I just set my sced. up with all the smaller and older people in the beginning of the week. As it goes by I put all my nice houses towards the end of the week.

10. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

We setup certain routes and whatever day they fall on, is the day they get mowed. We just tell them by doing it this way we can keep our prices down and maintain the same high qualtiy standards they expect, if we had to start running around we would burn up more gas and the price would go up.