Inclosed trailer, gass up equip?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Littleriver1, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Those of you with inclosed trailers. How do you gass up your equipment? It seems to me to be a PITA.
    Bill

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Carefully. And I position the trailer just right so I can fish the hose through the side door.

3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

When I ordered my enclosed trailer I had them install a 12"x12" fuel door 7' from the front and 7' from the back. It works great just pull up to the pump put the nozzle through the door and fill up the mowers in the front of the trailer, then pull the truck up 5' and fill up the rider. Best $48 I've ever spent

4. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I never thought about that. Makes me glad I have 4' sides and no roof haha.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Its really not that big of a hassle. Not as easy as with an open trlr but the other advantages of an enclosed trlr are worth this little bit of inconvience. I simply park the trlr with the side door at the pump. 4 cans sit at the side door...open door, start filling cans...2o gallons lasts me quite a few days. Never found it to be a big deal...but, if you want to fill the machines directly, then it is a pain in the neck.

6. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i just drive my Z out sense i have a ramp and fill it up takes an extra 3 min to pull it out and put it back but no big deal like it was said earlier enclosed has many advantages

7. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Fuel stations are available.

There are Marine Surplus outlets that have fuel tanks of all kinds of sizes ready for you to make it happen. A Chevrolet truck fuel pump is around 17 bux at the auto parts store.