1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Include blank Maintenance Contract???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mudwisr2, Mar 12, 2008.

1. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sending out my "season-opening" letter to existing customers. I was thinking about including a copy of my maintenance contract to all the customers that are currently a per-cut-payer. Any draw back to doing this? Would you promote the contract in a different way?

2. mudwisr2

No opinions???
  3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

What is in your "season-opening letter"? Whats in or different about your "maintenance contract"? I'm not sure what the question is.
  4. mudwisr2

season opener is "spring is almost here" and "thank you for your loyalty" etc. Most of my customers are not on a maintenance contract and I am trying to keep the idea of it in their minds and change them over.
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You are working without any kind of signed contract? Or they are contracted on a per occurence basis? You have some things to consider, will you let them pay an average over the season or do you want to stretch it out over 12 months, we give the option. They can have their spring/fall clean ups and mulch and fert all thrown in together and paid for over 12 months, some like it some don't. The only stipulation on them is if they decide to cancel they owe the full balance within 30 days for all work completed. I'd say we have a 50/50 mix of 9 month payers and 12 month payers, it's costing you the same out of pocket, but by spreading their payments for them you are encouraging them to do more and you also KNOW what work you have, no last minute "hey Joe I'm having a BBQ this weekend can you come over and mulch my yard after doing your 200 lawns, oh by the way I need it done by sat 1pm and it's thursday night"