Including prices for services in spring letters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troblandscape, Feb 23, 2003.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Every year I send out a spring is here again letter, which everyone does... I alway include the services that I do, with a checklist for the customer to check any services that they are interested in getting an estimate for I also enclose a self addressed stamp envelope.

My question is what do you think about me including prices on all these services for their property?

Do you think that will scare people away? " cause i don't give deals"

Thanks Tim

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I send out letters which lists the services scheduled. My computer program then adds up the total for those services and puts it on there. No seperate prices, it gives the customer something to go shopping with. I also give the customer the option to prepay for the entire season and save 10%. Works well.

3. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We have always offered a pre pay discount. Originally, we had almost no takers. When we began showing their individual prices for services on the form with the regular price and the pre pay price shown, the pre pay rate rose to about 90%. I find even now when we suggest add on items, if we don't show the price, we get very little response.

Doug

4. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

5. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Thanks for the replies guys!

6. Threeponys

Threeponys LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Now I know why my wife hates seeing me on the computer. Lawnsite rocks again with valuable info. Ideas are noted and I WILL be incorporating into next flyer.

Thanks to all.