Income per mower hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jwwieberg, Dec 23, 2003.

1. jwwieberg

jwwieberg LawnSite Member

Anybody every figure the income per mower hour. Taking the total hours put on the mowers and divided by gross mowing income. Mine figure about $ 70.00 per hour. I run 61" decks and get $60.00 per hour on most places.

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Some count the drive to and from. How do you account for trimming?

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Too many variables to figure an exact figure. Every account is different.

4. jwwieberg

jwwieberg LawnSite Member

I'm figuring the end of the year mowing gross income to the hours put on the mowers. Trimming time not included.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

jwwieberg,

Mine comes to just over $82 an hour if you don't subtract trimming time etc.

Since I do know how long each seperate job like cutting and trimming takes I can break just the mowing out and it comes to about $41 an hour.

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I still use the good ol $1.00 per min of on the job time, so I "somewhat" eat my drive time but I dont have any account over 4 miles away from my home. Next year Im going to add an extra $10 to my few far away ones. Merry Chirstmas

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

If it is a "mow only " day (as opposed to doing other work on the properties), I take the total revenue for that day, divided by the number of man hours we were in the field that day...all of it.

We only have a certain number of hours to sell every year...so I want to see not only what I'm earning per hour, but what is the min/max I can ancticipate in a given season based on an assumed number of available workdays/hours

We also keep a Daytimer in the truck..everyday, every job we do is logged...down to the minute. At the end of the season I roll-up these numbers to evaluate each account and what might need changed for the next year. This also gives me drive time info...we dont log drive time/lunch/etc...but since we have the start and end time for each day, that time minus the job times, = non-productive time. You might want to try this....you may be surprised how much wasted time you have in a week. I know it helped me to make the mowing route more efficient.