1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Income Tax - U Payin Or Gettin Back?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MOW ED, Feb 15, 2003.

Are ya payin or gettin?

1. I'm PAYING.

18 vote(s)
  2. I'm Getting some back.

8 vote(s)

2 vote(s)
  1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Very simple, are ya payin uncle sam or is he givin you some back.

I'm payin but not much. Gonna buy some more stuff this year.
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm getting a little bit back, not bad since I didn't pay anything in for self employment. I do have a pt job that gets taxed and I bought a TON of new equipment this year, next year I won't be as lucky though!!!
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I am getting about 1/3 back, but i want to say that whoever votes they dont claim should be beaten sensless. If you cheat the govt and all of us, dont brag about it infront of us too.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We'll most like ly be paying again. We need to go equipment dhopping this year. Need more writeoffs!!
  5. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I always pay, never get back. Why let the goverment use my money all year instead of getting new equip for me.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't there a way to annualize tax payment rather than paying quarterly? It just seems this way to me too...

The sooner I give my tax money to the government, the less I can make it work for me and the more the money works for the government.
  7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The wife and I both have extra held out of our pay checks at the fire dept and Fedex Fright. I know what you are saying about letting the money work for you BUT if you have ever owed a tax bill you couldn't pay the interest and penalties are so much you almost can't get caught up. Been there done that.

Like I've said before, CPA's are worth their weight in money!

I don't know but just for the fun of it I sit down and ran a tax program a few years ago and it was way short took me several hours to do and wouldn't have gotten near as good of a deal on taxes.

Less then $200.00 for my CPA I'll stick with him.