1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

incoming debris?

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by godzilla, Oct 5, 2006.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I've currently got a few yards of grass clippings to get rid of and nobody around here will take them. What's the big deal about taking in fresh clippings? I figured somebody would want to take them, put it into a pile and make compost... but that's just me.

2. TysonsTree

TysonsTree LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that..

It looks like you are too far away from any Long Island compost locations.. I met some of those guys this summer at PANTS show in Atlantic City, NJ.

If you were in Northern VA, Eastern Panhandle WV, Hagerstown / Frederick MD, etc. we would be happy to take grass clippings (which make a very nice additive to Leaf Compost - as long as it is not the majority in the compost). We take leaf / grass clipping waste at two (2) locations: Near Berryville VA & Merrifield VA. If there is any other landscapers / lawncare companies out there in these areas please call me for cheap quote (Berryville VA) or check out our website: www.ttwr.com for directions or Merrifield VA office phone # for quotes (talk w/ Vinay & tell 'em Gary sent you).

Fyi.