Increase SPEED?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1st Rate Lawns, Sep 10, 2004.

1. 1st Rate Lawns

1st Rate Lawns LawnSite Member

First off love this site and spent over six hours reading the first night! My question is: I need to increase the speed on a Snapper Joystick 38" mower. As of right now it is way too slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would get rid of it this winter an get something more prouductive.Not wanting to be a smartass, but a good walkbehind or a ztr will help you on time.Just my 2 cents!!! :waving:

3. 1st Rate Lawns

1st Rate Lawns LawnSite Member

I am planning on purchasing a Walk behind or stander, the reason for the joystick, even though i know its not very productive, is that my partner only has one hand. We tried to find something reasonable for him to use. When this came along kinda had to buy it. It was a pretty good deal too. I mean we had the word out in all the shops for something he could use. This was the only response. When we looked at it, we had to get it so he could have something to use.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to look at Dixie Chopper ZTRs. They are way more productive and can easily be operated with one hand with a little practice.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Actually what Richard says goes for most ztrs. Being that you can operate them with one hand with practice. I operate my JD ztrs one handed but with two hands it feels awkward. :blush: Youy can also get staighter lines by only using one hand.

6. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Another option may be to buy a commercial Z (I like the Ferris 3000 Extreme) and then modify it for single stick operation (you can look at the linkages from the old machine before you sell it or you may decide to keep the old machine as a backup).