increase your income (commissions)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sandgropher, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking at my notes from my turf managment classes that i did recently, seems a good way to get extra income is to get commissions from tree loppers, weed sprayers and landscapers(if you just do mowing)

I must confess that if some one asks me who can they get in to spray for weeds etc i tell them look in the yellow pages etc.

How many people have net worked with related industrys and what are the spotter fees you get payed for reffering people (if they get job)???

I am thinking $100 for a large landscape job, $50 for weed spray,$50 for tree lopping is this about right???
  2. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

I'm not sure about monetary figures but I know it is good to get in good with another company. I know a tree guy that we've gotten many jobs, and we've gotten many more customers from him as well.
  3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes ... networking is key in any business. This is where it really is true when they say "It's all in who you know".

Who all has another friend or business associate who runs a LCO ... and knows that they can maybe call in a time of need. Or ... one that may call you from time to time to see if you can help with a couple mows or something.

I also know a guy who mows very little any more, but spends most of his day running his stump grinder. Not only does he do tree stumps ... he spends a lot of his time removing overgrown shrubs in floor beds around homes.

Networking can really help you out in a time of need ... and you can be of help to others as well.