Increased costs due to new EPA regulations, Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Az Gardener, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have been in the market for a cab over dump truck. I got a post card ad today from my local FUSO dealer saying that all trucks built after 1-07 will have substantial price increases due to the new EPA regulations. I don't doubt the new regulations but I am a little skeptical that the additional costs will be all that substantial. Anyone have any info on how much these new regulations will add to a vehicle?

2. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

it is rumored that the new engines will have to have catalitic converters at a cost of 4k. not sure, but I haven't seen one.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

chevy dealer told me about a good $4000 more

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

So does that mean the the duramax diesel made after 1/07 will be $4,000 more? That is alot of money, $11,555.00 for the diesel motor now. I was planning on waiting but now thinking of buying sooner. I really wouldn't mind the filter in the exhaust but running different fuel and and price increase of the motor are my biggest complaints. Also could we get by without running the new fuel in this truck or would it cause damage it to the motor. Also can we biodiesel in the new motors too?:confused:

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

my understanding is the new diesel must be used in the new engines and the old engines will run on the new

jan 07 stations will have to be in compliance with the new diesel, old i don't think will even be available......why should it

the 4500 i priced out was a $7000 difference between gas and diesel.........they then told me figure another $4000 with the new engines