1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

increased liability !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Apr 22, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

ever notice when you go to do some thing like a retirement duplex community like i have .everyone comes outside to admire your work .now in my contract with the owner i have a do not approach equipment clause in there to lessen liability .but the elders dont know that .i hate to be a butthole but when you are running full out and blowing clipping everwhere or running an adger on the sidewalk and they come out to sit on the porch right beside where you are working it is un-nerving .then you tell em to please move away and they wave at you like "come on by me" i will be ok sonny .arrgghhh !!!!
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Its even worse when the kiddies are out of school. They come outside to play while you are mowing, and watch you while you play with that new "toy". I actually stopped the mower and told the kids mother to get her inside or I couldn't finish the yard. Too dangerous.
  3. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I had one the other day, i was cutting along a flower bed and street curb and was blowing out to the street side and saw a mother and child aproaching
    from the back side of me and i just shut the blades down till they passed. Oh and the mother waved in thanks as she passed.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I loaded up and left on a commercial account yesterday afternoon for this reason.
    A hispanic with a small child thought it was OK to be a spectator.
    I did not.

Yes, I have the mulch kit installed and yes I inspected the area prior to mowing.
    Yes, I am also insured too...

But there is a difference between liability and stupidity.

In your case, you need to send a memo to the property manager and have them send a memo to the residents or hold a meeting in order to put an end to this. Everyone should stay indoors while you are on-site, or atleast remain out of your sight.