Increased productivity for solos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSRA Landscaping, Nov 8, 2001.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

At least on the job site. I know you guys are gonna scream about more trips to dump the stuff but I don't have a problem with it. What it is is that I put the bagger back onto my tiger cub and found that it makes me more productive at the jobsite. Reason being, I don't have to walk around picking up trash before I mow or trash that I missed after I mow. I can bag it!:blob4: And it looks better too, imo.

2. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Don't take the clippings to the dump though. Take them home and mulch them with the leaves from fall etc. and sell it back to the customer for his/her garden in the spring.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

For smaller debris you will probably be able to vac it up. Looseleaf paper and items as such will still make a mess, although not as much as w/o the bagger.

I personally like to just do a quick qlak thru if its along the roadside and grab the item or two that are there, and then Im on my way. If I missed something or it was buried into the turfgrass then I have my mesh bags for depositing trash into while cutting.

Just remember that many will tell you that its best to bag during the hottest months only and disperse/mulch the rest of the time.

Good Luck!
    Kris

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

CSRA,
    You must work in a really dirty area to have enough garbage on your lawns to justify the added labor & expense of bagging lawns.

Kris,
    "Just remember that many will tell you that its best to bag during the hottest months only and disperse/mulch the rest of the time."

I had never heard that one before. Why is this? I discharge\mulch all the time. But most of the bagger\vacuum LCO's that I know take their catchers & vacuums off for the hot months when there are much less clippings to deal with. I'd love to tell some of them that they're doing it opposite, if I have a good reason to back it up.