increasing prices to cover 2% payroll tax increase?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnsaspire, Feb 5, 2013.

1. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

It is only on the owner. You already pay it on employees. Only the employee portion is going back up to it's original rate.

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody else want to say the same thing again? Sh!t
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow!!! calm down, I know paying more taxes is a downer but we should be use to it by now...wait until next year when the full force of Obummer care goes into effect.

4. lawnescapes33

lawnescapes33 LawnSite Member

yea!! wait until hits the pocket book. its going to hurt all the small companies . having to heatlh care for the employees.

5. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Under 50 employees and you dont pay for healthcare.
    As for going back to the original rate, garbage. I know, its only 2%, then next it will be 2.25%.
    Back to the question, yes. I have raised rates and will set a higher price for everything overall this season. Funny thing is I have a few hardcore Libs that only want to pay me in cash and then tell me that way I dont half to claim it and pay taxes on it!

6. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

The government said there is no way that the costs of higher taxes would be passed onto the consumer..... The government said it, it must be true!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah! I just found out today thats my parents in the White House. Daddy, can I have some money? No!
    But Dad, you said it wasnt going to cost more. Some times there are lessons to be learned son! Dont be a idiot! :cry: