Increasing RPMs

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by harvestmoon, Oct 28, 2003.

1. harvestmoon

harvestmoon LawnSite Member

I just put a rpm device on my lazer (new with a 27 hp kholer)
    I notice that wiht no load the rpms are a little low (3300-3500) I would like to increase them to 3700 which I believe is what the specified rpms are. I have checked the throttle cable and choke cable and both are fine and working properly. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know the exact linkage setup on the horizontal 27's, but had no problem on my vertical 25 Kohler. There are LOTS of posts about how to do it back in the commercial side, do a search on RPM and Kohler.

Also, you'll want 3750 sitting in your driveway, blades OFF, and sticks OUT. Make sure Choke is fully off too.

Good Luck

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

took my 23 kaw to the dealer and he upped it to 3750

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Harvestmoon.

I'm not sure that Kohler really wants me to tell you how to do this one, so I won't tell you to have a friend run the throttle while you observe the throttle plate. If I told you that then you'd probably figure out that the plate that moves when you buddy is moving the throttle is the throttle plate.

After that you'd probably notice a screw that when it makes contact the throttle plate doesn't move any farther. Then you'd probably figure out that by adjusting that screw you'll allow the throttle to open a little farther and then you'd be able to raise the engine rpm up to the 3750 that it should be at.

That's why I'm not going to tell to have a buddy help you. That way you can't get in there and start adjusting things.

Thanks

Terry

PS, don't go above 3750, the deck and hydros are designed to spin at a specific rate. Raising the rpm's can do so strange things sometimes.

5. Crapgame

Crapgame LawnSite Member

I have been researching buying my first ZTR to replace my Crapsman garden tractor for use on my own 3 acres for the last couple of months.

The level of customer support that I have seen on this website (this forum in particular) has got me leaning towards Exmark, in particular the Lazer HP. And that is despite the fact that I when I started looking at them, I was sure I was going to get a small Kubota diesel ZTR.

If only you'd put a small diesel (like the 21hp Kubota, for example) on the 48" or 52" HP, I'd have bought it already.

Keep up the good work. Don't see enough of this kind of thing these days.

Paul

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I like exmark too!

664res500.jpg

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No body does it better!

homeexm.gif

8. lawnman20

lawnman20 LawnSite Member

what about adjusting the rpms on a 25 h kaw

9. lawnman20

lawnman20 LawnSite Member

what about adjusting the rpm on a 25 h kaw

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This forum IS a spectacular thing,...but then again, it is just a machine. Much the same way that John's (Gamba) Lazer is just a machine, and my Lazer is just a machine. They are NICE machines, granted, but they are still just machines. The OPERATORS make a world of difference with the particular machine. The best machine in the WORLD (for our uses for grounds care, it just happens to be Exmark) doesn't mean ANYthing without the proper usage and proficient operator. Well, it's the same situation, here. Yes, lie ai said, this forum is a great thing, but the MAIN thing is, is that it's Terry, Fred, and Dustin (I hope I got them all) that should take the credit, because it's because of THEM that this forum is what it is.;) I would like to take this opportunity to thank you guys once again, for all you do.