Indiana certified 3b

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by weaver, Mar 5, 2013.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Yah i think that's exactly what i'm going to do. They do have a workshop at Purdue March 18-19 which would cover the multi day training,but think i'm gonna wait. I think i'll get the books study up take the 2 day workshop at Purdue and then just take the exams at an H&R block, then hopefully i pass and will move on to the business license.. I think i saw someone mention that once you get certified and licensed you have to deal with inspectors wanting to see how you store your products at your place or shop? What's that about?

2. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

We had him come rt after we got the 3b. He said I will be there in a hour. He was at my barn in 5 min.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Why? What do they look for? To see iff the product is stored correctly?

4. jschultznorth

jschultznorth LawnSite Member

In the 4 years I have had my license they have never called or came out in VA. The best decision I made when taking the test was have the guy administer it to me at the local library. I can't remember if it was 3a or b but i missed one to many and he handed it back and asked if there was any questions i wanted to rethink. So my advice is to try and take it in person and never at the DMV

5. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

When you first get your license they come and visit you to basically introduce themselves and make sure you know what you are doing.

6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

The State chemist has paid us a on the spot/out in the field inspection before. I do know they are looking to add to the current staff of inspectors as well....

7. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

Good, maybe they will get more of the guys who apply with out a license .
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

One of the inspectors did a presentation at a meeting recently attended. I mentioned running a marketing blitz to inform the consumer to be sure about only hiring licensed and insured applicators...this is and will always be a problem....