Indiana

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by jajwrigh, Mar 19, 2004.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought I'd post what I know of for the remainder of the "off"-season, as far as conferences, etc.

January-
    INLA P.L.A.N.T.S and Winter Meeting, 12-14, RCA Dome and Convention Center http://www.inla1.org
    IPLLA Winter Meeting (is that the correct term?), I believe is 18-20 at the Convention Center
    Mid-Am Trade Show, 19-21, Chicago
    C.E.N.T.S- Columbus, don't know the dates, can't remember what it stands for.:)
    Indiana Arborists Assoc. Winter Meeting, don't remember the dates but I can get them if anyone is interested

Feburary-
    Versa-lok certification seminar at Irvins, on the 8th, I believe
    ICPI certification, 12-13, http://www.icpi.org/contractors/calendar.cfm

March is the Indy Flower and Patio Show, and I'm sure a whole lot of county shows.:)

Plus there are a LOT of dates that the State Chemist's Office is offering the core and the specialized licenses. I believe I'm going for the core on Feb 7, and ornamentals on the 15th...

If I missed something, feel free to add it. If anyone needs more info or contact names/numbers, I'll help however I can.

Hope this helps someone!

Dan

2. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dan!
    Don't forget the Midwest Regional Turf Foundation's Turf Expt Jan. 18-20. There are up to 9 CCH's for the guys that need them. I hear the Short Course is filling up fast.

http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/tips/index.html

Russ

3. Russ

Just one more. For the DC guys, Bill Parrish of Fine Lines Lawn (a great guy) is putting together a Factory Tour of the DC Factory Jan 13-15. It's free and should be a great time and a good place to meet a bunch of good guys. For more information search Bills sight "Fine Lines Lawn" for a link.

4. D Felix

OK, since I posted the dates of the conferences and other things-

Is anyone going to PLANTS next week? I'll be there all three days...

I'll also be taking the core exam for applicator's license on Feb 7, and 3a exam on Feb 15. I think we'll also be going to the Versa-lok seminar as well.

Anyone going to be at any of these? I'd like to put some faces with some names!

Dan

5. Russ

I'm planning on P.L.A.N.T.S. for a while Thursday and Friday (Weather Permitting.

Gonna do 2 or 3 days of the Turf Expo even though I don't need the CCH's.

Just may do a Category 5 this year. Don't know when.

Anybody else?????

6. D Felix

Are Russ and I the only ones here that are going to PLANTS?

I'd like to put some faces with more names than just his.:)

Is everyone aware that the Dixie Chopper bike will be at the trade show on Thursday and Friday? Not to mention a free lunch on the trade show floor on Thursday? Last year's lunch was good, beer and all!:D

Hope to see more of you there!

Dan

7. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I went to the PLANTS show today. I plan on going all week. DFELIX, hope I see you there later this week.

If anyone ever gets to see Dwight Hughes from Hughes Nursery in Iowa, see him. Very inspirational and energetic speaker.

Clifton
    Grass Butler LLC

8. INDYCONST.COM

INDYCONST.COM LawnSite Member

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome bud...there are a few of us around here...enjoy your stay! :waving:

10. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

How is everyone doing in Indiana? Got all your customers, equipment ready, fliers & ads out? Calls coming in yet?

yogi