Indiana

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by jajwrigh, Mar 19, 2004.

1. rossc_83

rossc_83 LawnSite Member

Hey, saw you were from Alex. I graduated from Alex in 01 then went to Purdue for Turf Science.

2. rossc_83

rossc_83 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you knew how long the core and 3b were good for. I thought it was a year but not sure. We had to get ours to pass agry512 at Purdue. I don't wanna be saying I have it and its expired or something.

3. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

Just letting everyone know i am from the westside of indy.

Hoping for another big snow!!

4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken your certification is good for 5 years. After that you need to retest, or have gathered enough CCH's to waive the test. CCH stands for something like Continuing Certification Hours. You can accumulate them by attending approved workshops, seminars, classes, etc. You can find out about them from the Purdue Pesticide Program people, and I think there's online info about them as well.

Hope this helps.

5. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Anyone From Goshen/elkhart Area?

6. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Crawfordsville, Indiana

Lived in Lafayette when i was younger (know the area pretty well) Possibly interested in finding work there.

Lived in Logansport for about 15 yrs

All_Clear

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

My father works for the Grounds Department at Purdue, and told me yesterday that Hobbs Nursery in Plainfield filed for bankruptcy at the end of last year. Has anyone else heard about this?

Apparently Larry Becker (I assume it's the same Becker as Becker Landscape) has now bought what was left of Hobbs, and is hoping to keep the wholesale yard going.....

Just passing on info. If I hadn't heard it from Dad, I'd have to wonder if it was true.

8. E-Z Green

E-Z Green LawnSite Member

<E-Z Green> mE AND A BUDDY GOT STARTED LAST SEASON. i'M IN IT THIS TEAR SOLO. iNDIANAPOLIS IS MY STOMPING GROUND. tRYING TO BUILD SOMTHIN OUT OF A LITTLE BIT OF NOTHIN. wEST SIDE...NORTHWEST...THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME.DOING MOWING, HEDGES, TREE TRIMMING, COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL. WE DID OK LAST SEASON, SEEING THAT WE STARTED IN MAY WITH THE PROVERBIAL "$500" START-UP KIT. sO...I HAVE AT LEAST TEN CUSTOMERS FROM LAST YEAR...OPEN FOR ANY AND ALL ADVICE FOR THE AREA.

dEMETRIUS

9. E-Z Green

E-Z Green LawnSite Member

nobody in indianapolis today?

10. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi EZ green every one in Indy was at the CORE pesticide class today in Plainfield, or maybe golfing it was 50 degrees or better.