Lawn Care Forum banner

Indiana

96K views 343 replies 98 participants last post by  brettmartinrealtor 
#1 Ā·
Lets get a collection of posts from all of the IN companies!

#4 Ā·
Indianapolis - Northeast Quadrant. From Washington Street North to Geist. From Meridian Street East to Hancock County line.

Mike

#8 Ā·
Actually yes it looks like we will be out mowing in the first week of april or so. Some of the grass in our larger accounts has already started growing this year. I woke up this morning to about an inch of snow and a high of 33 today, but after that it looks like we will have smooth sailing in the 50s from here on out. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of rain too, so we should be out there april 1.

Todd

#15 Ā·
Hello All

I am in Greenwood, some southside, but I am trying to keep business in Greenwood and south of Greenwood.

I pulled my machines out yesterday and fired them up, did my own yard... and yes, I did get some mud in my tires (when will it stop raining?!?)

Grass Butler LLC

#16 Ā·
I am located in the Fort Wayne Area.

And yes I have experienced the Brickman disadvantage from time to time as well.

Good luck to all and have fun!

#17 Ā·
By the way, in business since 99' and just found this wealth of information site. Can't believe what I have been missing. I have been searching this site for others in the Ft. Wayne area that have been hit my the massive weekend warriors, and wondering what they have done to cope. Any info would be helpful.

#22 Ā·
I am from Greenwood too. I mow on a part-time basis. I have a full time job too. I've been doing it 6 years now. Would love to do it full time, it's just hard to discard your full time job with benefits. Been thinking about it seriously, though. If anyone has some opportunities, give me a ring - cell phone 317-946-2850.

#25 Ā·
what is everyones going rate in northern indiana? last year was my 1st year on my own and i tried to charge between $25.00 and $35.00 and hour for fall and spring leaf clean-ups. but this year i have been trying to get $35.00 to $45.00 and hour. i'm i trying to get to much i dont let the people i'm giving a quote to know my hourly rate just est the time it will take. the reason i ask poeple are saying i'm way to high. on one job i bid at 250.00 and these two guys told the customer they would do it for 150.00 (they had it in writing). i can't charge that little because i have insuranse and pay taxes and most of my stuff is only a year old. just had to vent a little thank goodness i get most of the mowing bids because people like the way the lawn looks after i'm done mowing i would post pic but cant get them to go on the cpu with out a scaner. any feed back would be great.
thanks, tom:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.