Lawn Care Forum banner

Indiana

96K views 343 replies 98 participants last post by  brettmartinrealtor 
#1 ·
Lets get a collection of posts from all of the IN companies!

#103 ·
lawnyogi said:
Hello Indiana Applicators!

I was wondering what the emphasis was on the cat 3b applicator test. Is it weed ID, math problems, abbreviations, etc? Can anyone offer me any hints for last minute cramming? (I am taking the test tomorrow :confused: )

Any help will be appreciated,
thanks,
yogi
All of the above.. if its not too late read through the whole book again and keep all outside distractions away! Good luck man...its not too bad! Let us know how you do!

#104 ·
touhey33 said:
Has any body gotten any new customers yet, I have gotten one call so far, but it seems like people want be thinking about it for at least another week or two.
I have picked up a half dozen new accounts or so, for fert/squirt so far. I have landed a few landscape installs as well. All word of mouth for me, no advertisinng this year. This will be my first year without mowing or any maitenace. Good luck to you....

#107 ·
Congratulations, Clifton!

I passed the core (missed 7 questions), and the ornamentals category (missed 1) last month. Now I just need to get the registration sent in so I can get the license.

As for places on the south side, Lesco is at Harding and 465, and Cisco is somewhere on the south side, but I don't remember where. You can also order things from UHS, don't know if you saw them at the PLANTS show or not.

Dan

#108 ·
Cisco is moved to the old Eastgate shopping center. ProSource One also delivers and John Deere Landscapes on the south side may be priced better than Lesco. Good Luck

#110 ·
I like everybody. Advanced Turf Solutions in Fishers can beat anybodies price, but they are geared for the big boys. Pro Source One is very close to ATS pricing with next day service in most cases and both these guys know there beans. JD Landscapes has 3 locations in Indpls and there 1st bag price is usually below what Lesco has to call in to get ya down to the "medium", price level and there control products are less than Lesco but, ya better know what ya want and how to use it. Lesco has 3 great locations, they are very convenient and the guys there have a broad range of experience. I like the guys at Lesco but when price is important it never hurts to shop.

#111 ·
I forgot Cisco. IMHO they have the best seed in central Indiana, a good selection of fert. and control products as well as just about everything you need in the way of landscape supplies. Since they are only a mile away from me I am there a lot.

#112 ·
Thanks...

I ended up going over to the southside Lesco. I called over to JD Landscapes (there are very close to my house) but the guy who answered the phone could not answer any questions fully. I am sure I will give them a try later, but I was in a hurry. Also, the guys at Lesco were ready to go and very helpful... the set up over the computer was easy... I like the inventory online where you can see exactly what they have and do not have.

Thanks for the info!

#113 ·
I just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that I have a guy that is starting his own tree spade/digger business this year. He is willing to travel around the midwest doing his thing so maybe if you guys know anybody. This is his first year for his business, but not his first year digging. He used to work for some nursery in IL and decided to do his own thing. Anyway if you are interested or know somebody who might be his company name is "KG Horticultural Service LLC" Phone is (262)736-1126 and the mans name is Mike Kazy-Garey.

#118 ·
I apologize for dropping this request in this forum. I have been lurking on the site for a while (originally looking for advice on mowers for private use), just never posted before.

Anyone servicing the Center Grove area in Greenwood? If you are interested in a new customer send me a private message.

#119 ·
I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I am starting my own new business and nobody on here seems to be from my area which is about 1/2 way between Evansville and Terre Haute. There are maybe 4-5 other LCO's in town here but only 2 in the yellow pages which is where I might advertise. I am busy getting business cards, logos(how do you make them)a good business name and computer spreadsheets. I have some new equipment but a new mower is coming soon as I figure out what brand. I am interested in getting my Pesticide license but $250 seems high for 2 days of classes at Purdue just to be able to spray Roundup or 2,4-D. Hope the rest of you are doing good!

#120 ·
welcome to the business, my parents live down in your area. their in plainville, Im in brownsburg, been in the business 24yrs but fairly new to lawnsite. you can learn alot from the people on this site! I have the best success with flyers and doorhangers getting new costomers, then after you get going referals are the best. I did'nt advertised much for the last few years because I had about all I could handle with just under 500 accounts, but now my son is working with me and we are going for 1000 next year! so good luck next spring see you around lawnste

#122 ·
jajwrigh said:
Here are the requirements:

Core commercial pesticide license
Category of choice
$30 fee
Pest insurance
90 days experience or two day class at Purdue

All of this is required to be legal!!! PM me for more questions!!
I was wondering if you knew how long the core and 3b were good for. I thought it was a year but not sure. We had to get ours to pass agry512 at Purdue. I don't wanna be saying I have it and its expired or something.

#123 ·
Just letting everyone know i am from the westside of indy.

Hoping for another big snow!!

#124 ·
rossc_83 said:
I was wondering if you knew how long the core and 3b were good for. I thought it was a year but not sure. We had to get ours to pass agry512 at Purdue. I don't wanna be saying I have it and its expired or something.
If I'm not mistaken your certification is good for 5 years. After that you need to retest, or have gathered enough CCH's to waive the test. CCH stands for something like Continuing Certification Hours. You can accumulate them by attending approved workshops, seminars, classes, etc. You can find out about them from the Purdue Pesticide Program people, and I think there's online info about them as well.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.