1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Indiana

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by jajwrigh, Mar 19, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I am going to study at home for the class 3's then go take the test at H&R Block. Has anyone else done this? Are they difficult?? I will find out if I passed the core on tuesday...I am positive I did though.

2. RjCjR

RjCjR LawnSite Member

Terra Care - I'm in Crown Point. I service all the way from here to Orland Park/Palos Heights area in Illinois.

jajwrigh - I never took a pest. test at an H&R Block! I never knew it was available there... I've always gone to Purdue or that building in Des Plaines for my Illinois license.

I like having a booklet in front of me to refer to other questions/answers, if the test is on a computer you REALLY need to know your stuff because you don't get a chance to rethink a previous answer... my opinion

3. jajwrigh

Anyone who is interested in off site testing at H&R Block PM me for their contact info and for info regarding ordering study materials...Rjcjr- I took my core at Purdue.

4. jajwrigh

I passed the core test!!!! Now I just need my first category, $30, and some pest insurance!!

5. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Congratulations!!!

:cool2:

:drinkup:

6. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Glad Ed and I got that testing out of our way. Something we learned from these two tests:

turf test - 90% of it is the same thing as core. Study, but mostly look at the turf names and diseases. Lots of disease and insect questions.

ornamental- much more difficult than turf. You are going to have to look at this one long and hard and really soak it in. Lots of disease questions, and a lot more regulation questions than you would think. Math is a gimme on this test. Study Study Study for this one

Good luck

Todd

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

My boss is a former extension agent, and from what he has said, the turf exam is more of a b*tch than the ornamentals... To each his own though!:) I have yet to take the core, but probably will this next winter.

So, has anyone else been like my boss and helped Dr. Whitford carry a kitchen sink in for a conferance???

Dan

8. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

maybe the tests have changed, because a few months ago the core test was 90% the same as the turf test. The ornamentals was a LOT to remember

Todd

9. D Felix

They may have changed the tests. I think Ed took the turf test 4-5 years ago, so that's plenty of time to get the test changed, even for a governmental agency like the OISC.:D

Dan

10. D Felix