1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Industry Leading ZTR?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mindless, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

I recently learned that a local Lawn & Garden Retailer is sponsoring an Open House from noon - 3:00 scheduled for later this month for invited LCOs to thank them for their business and provide free chow. I called to inquire (curious as to content of open house) and asked if they carried the Hustler ZTR product line. His reply, no...we sell Scag and Exmark...they are the industry leading ZTRs.

I can provide you a name and telephone number to who I talked to and that way you can straighten them out. Rumor has it that this particular dealer supports a broad and varied lawncare customer base.

2. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

We are a Scag and Hustler dealer and I believe Hustler would blow the wheels off of an exmark. But as a dealer, if you don't believe your product lines are the BEST then don't sell them! How can I convince you to buy one if I can't convince myself? We've had oppurtunities to bring in other lines but I believe the four we have are the best in the ZTR business and I believe Husqvarna (which is our other line) is outstanding also as far as lawn tractors, chainsaws, trimmers, etc. We also carry RedMax for our commercial customers!
  3. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

If My memeory service me right I read somewhere that the top 4 in sales last year in ztrs Was Hustler turf, Exmark, Bocat, and Scag.NOt in this order though becuase I cant remeber the right order. I sure this is all public knowledge you just need to dig for it.

But who is the fastest riser to the top?? humhummmmmm