Industry Standard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Feb 20, 2003.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

I was reading bhb post with all the math and everything and i also agree that is too low......So what we need to do is set a indestry standerd(as mentioned before) and a buck a minute is what it should be.........That is what i run on and i know that alot of other guys out here run on that also....1$/min is not that hard to get.

Set it then we can all be happy and make money.

Andy

2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

That also is to low. I have 10,000 sqft lawns we do in 15 min. Should I charge them $15? I would go broke!

I have lawns that are 1 acre that only take us 30 min. Should I only charge $30? Way to low.

Charging by the minute, or hour doesnt work out to well. The best way to charge for grass cutting is by the sqft.

10,000 and under $25

10,000 to 20,000 $30

20,000 to 25,000 $35

25,000 to 30,000 $40

30,000 to 35,000 $45

1 Acre price $55, each additional acre $55

This is the structure I use it works well for me. If I charged by the minute I would half to cut those prices almost in half. Just my 2 cents.

3. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

AMEN BROTHER!
    Now if everyone could adapt to this pricing system, there would be no underbidding by the scrubs.
    It's always nice to dream alittle.:sleeping:

4. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

The price should always be based on a time. One 20k lot could take 2X as long as another 20k lot. Base your price on how long you think the job will take and all the jobs will be profitable. Measuring out the lot will give you a good start but sq footage should not soley dictate the price.

5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I forgot to mention that it is also based on your equipment. It may be hard to get $60/hr with a 21" push mower.

6. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

A combination of sq. ft. and time is the answer for me. I use sq. ft. as a base, but use a multiplier to account for features that will take more than my flat-out time to mow a known area. Two of my least expensive but useful tools are a measuring wheel and stop watch.

7. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

You guys are right about your pricing i guess i shold said on the bigger stuff i guess i only do 1 res and the rest are apartment and condo complexes... so sorry about that. Lawn dog that is a very good system for res and big res i ay just use that if you do not mind....as far as the complexes with alot of triming i think i will stickwith my 1$/min

thanks

Andy

8. Lawn Dog2001

Do I get a commision?:D

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Ya a buck a minute!!!!!:dizzy:

10. Lawn Dog2001

:D LMAO:D