1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

info needed on Leak down tester

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SER, Aug 22, 2005.

1. SER

SER LawnSite Member

Hi all.
    Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement hose for a Briggs and Stratton Leak down tester, part number 19413?
    I lost my hose and don't know what to do????? :help: :cry:
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Did you contact Briggs ? If they don't sell a replacement they should be able to give you the company name where they purchased the complete unit so you can contact them for a replacement.
  3. Restrorob

I had to contact Briggs today on a unit so while I had him on the line I asked about your hose, He said they do not have a replacement and he didn't know the name of the company they get them from. He suggested going to a place where the make up hydraulic hoses like a NAPA store and have one made.
    Maybe this will help !
  4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

might try one from a compression gauge set.
  5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

That was what I was thinking. You would have to remove the check valve that is in the end of the hose which can be done with a valve stim tool like the one you use on tires valve stims.
  6. SER

SER LawnSite Member

I called Brigss and they gave me the same advise. Basically that they don't stand behind their tools. Oh well, not what I wanted to hear. The tool is $170.00!!!!! and I cant use it! I guess I will try NAPA. I tried the hose from a compression tester but it :angry: :realmad: :cry: would not work, the coupling is different!
    Oh well thanks to those who tried to help. I appreciate it. I sure wish B&S would be more helpful when it comes to something they sell.
    S.E.R. :realmad: :angry: :cry: :help: :confused: :mad:
  7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

So the coupling is different, for $3 you can change the coupling
  8. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

Depends on the threads. Almost any hydraulic shop could fix you up. Don't forget grease gun hoses, they are high pressure, cheap, and have standard pipe threads onthem too. (Our TSC has a good selection of hydraulic fittings and adaptors, maybe check there if you have one?)
  9. Restrorob

Thats a good idea also !!!