1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Info on doing your own maintenance???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dbz007, Jul 10, 2006.

1. dbz007

dbz007 LawnSite Member

I have about 1000 hours on my 23 horse mini to date. I am trying to stay ahead of the game by replacing things and learning maintenance issues that may come up and have troubled other lco's.

Where can i find detailed information/ dirrections for doing some of this maintenance myself w/out spending $80.00/hr. to my dealer, who has no inclination to try and save me money or time. Issues such as:

1) replacing belts
    2) draining and refilling hydro system and filter
    3) air gap adjustment on my pos Ogura clutch
    4) how to adjust engine rpm's
    5) making sure my hydro pump "dump valves" arent loose (i.e. where are they?)

Are there manuals i can order other than my owners manual, which is very vague. Do i have to take classes? Any ideas/dirrections/input is greatly appreciated.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can order a full service manual that will tell you stuff you don't even think you need to know, it has everything you want in it and more, the part # is 391383 and your dealer can get it for you.
  3. dbz007

dbz007 LawnSite Member

ok, thanks i will start here.