Info on Gopher

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Shawnhines, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there use Gopher??? How do you like it...??? Pro and Cons please...

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have had it for two years now. Its OK, but it has some " quirks" in it.

3. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I feel that there are alot of good softwareout there I found for the one is Qxpress. Check it out www.qzpress.com . your at agood time to start test them and find the one for u.

4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I tried out their free trial along side Greenskeeper Pro's free trial. They both have about the same features, but GP seemed less intimidating at first, so I was drawn to it. I'm sure if I continued to use Gopher I'd get the hang of it and feel more comfortable using it. I think Gopher needs to change the set up pages a little. Make them more inviting. I had to take a tech report writing class in college and the first thing they teach you is to know who will be reading what you've written and gear it accordingly. Also, don't try to cram too much on one page. Have you ever picked up a book that has text from top to bottom and all the way across the page? It doesn't make you want to dive in and start reading, does it? Hey Gopher, if you're reading this, most of us are lawn guys for a reason. Keep it simple!

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -