Info on Indy Show

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain information on the Indianapolis Landscape show? A website would be great to whatever association is sponsoring it.Is this a bigger show than say for instance, the Metro Detroit Landscape Association's Expo? I'm interested in going, but haven't even booked hotel reservations yet. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, Chris! I found some info, and this definitely helps too.
  4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

The GIE (Green Industry Expo) is the trade show at the combined annual conference for PGMS (Professional Grounds Management Society), ALCA (Associated Landscape Contractors of America) and PLCAA (Professional Lawn Care Assn Of America). This year the conference is in Indianapolis from Nov. 4 to Nov. 7. It is usually one week later in Nov, and is held in different cities, usually east of the Mississippi River. Next year it's in Tampa, Fla.

Program is (generally):
    Sat afternoon = educational sessions
    Sun morn = education sessions
    Sun afternoon = outdoor trade demo, various mfrs (several dozen)
    Mon morning = educ sessions
    Mon afternoon = trade show open, indoors to 6pm
    Tue morning = trade show & educ
    Tue 3:30pm = finish, trade show & conferences
    (Some special group activities run as early as Thur and as late as following Wed)

If you wish to attend conference education sessions, you must register with one of the groups, and full conference for non-member is $325. One day only, conf & trade show is $125 on Sa-Su-Mo, and $35 on Tue. I think trade show only fee is $15 on Su-Mo, free on Tue. You will have access to any group's educational conferences on the days you attend. Often will have a choice of 6-10 different talks at the same time. Probably will find topics of educ sessions at or, but is not very well developed yet. Email me if you want education topics for PGMS.