Info on Power Pole Saws.....?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Dec 7, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about getting a power pole saw for cutting palms and I need some info about what is a good brand or do all of the major manufactors make decent machines?

Anyone have redmax out there?

2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Get an Echo PPT-260 power pruner and you will never look back. They are like $500 or $550, I dont remember now.
    I got one last year to trim palms and it has paid for itself too many times to count...
    It might go a week without getting used, and still it cranks on the first pull. It is by far the best piece of Echo equipment I have ever owned.....

3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I'll second the Echo Power Pruner. I'm a Stihl guy and it beats Stihl's version hands down.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'd recommend the Stihl HT101. It has more power than the Echo. I looked long and hard at both and when it came time to buy the Stihl won hands down my Stihl dealer was an Echo dealer and he said he'd chose the Stihl over the Echo due to the design of the cutting head and also you will collect less debris in the Stihl head. I've used a 260 before and I like the feel of the Stihl better just my $.02.

Rob

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl, but you pay for the reliability and the power. This piece has never let me down.

6. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i have used still and echo they are both a good product. i use still because that's what i wased raised on and we have a dealer in the area.

7. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

what is the general price range of a power pole saw? 400 to 600?

anyone out there have any experiance with redmax or shinindawia?

8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard most arborists I talk to say go for the Echo.

9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have a el chepo as i dont do any treework .its a troybuilt with a ryobi pro (which is actually a redmax) powerhead. total cost 200$ it works well . i actually got it for trimming creap murtles (a major pain)