1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

info on Turf Tiger suspension seat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stonewall, May 7, 2002.

1. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody tried the new Scag suspension seat? Will it retro on previous models? I would like to find out who makes it and maybe get it cheaper than the $500 I was quoted. I've looked thru Northern Tools and many other catalogs and can't find one that looks like it will fit my Turf Tiger.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You know, that's the same thing with the suspension seats on the EXmarks, too. They are the same seats that are on the Gravelys, and are found on some other machines, but you never see them as just an aftermarket product. The Scag seats, however, I've NEVER seen on anything but a Scag, so far.
  3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

the new suspension seat will fit on older tigers, the cheapest that i've found it is about $550. :D

williams lawn management
  4. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see you aboard. I checked Power Plus: $500 + tax.
  5. tranum

tranum LawnSite Member

i've had one on my new tiger for about 2 weeks. love it/hate it. love it because of the ride. very smooth. hate it because it sits a little higher & with the shorter steering levers on the '02 model it makes the foot deck lift almost unuseable. basically have to put the right steer lever in neutral to raise your leg high enough to put your foot on the pedal. i switched levers with my '99 tiger (taller levers) & it works a little better.
    gonna modify that foot lever and that should solve the problem. with all that being said, the seat itself is great.......