Info On Wright Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagmower48, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

My friend is selling a Wright Sentar 61 inch with a 25 Kawi. Its about three years old, and he says its the first year that Wright produced this model. It has about 500 hours on it and he wants $3000.He is selling because the controls are too sensative, and he has other mowers. I do not know much about theses kind of stand up mowers. Can someone tell me the pros and cons about these, as well as are these good mowers? R these mowers pratical? I do not see many LCOs with this kind of mower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Chris

2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

In some areas of the country they are very popular. Up north of you I think in Vermont , New Hampshire and in the south and Illinois. The Wright line is built tough. I think you have to keep the deck super clean and blades very sharp to get a super cut but thats prolly true of all mowers. I demoed the Stander and Sport and really liked the controls over a traditional Z. If that mower is in good shape and mows well for you I would grab it.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got a 36" Sentar that we like....but don't know about a unit that wide.....there have been some negative stuff about cut so you might look at that. Controls are touchy but our guys got used to them pretty quick. Sure is a lot nicer to sit in seat if your are doing big properties.

4. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the advice

5. mikec_j

mikec_j LawnSite Member

If you decide that this is not for you please let me know

Thanks Mike

6. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

The first Sentars were bad they had too small hydros. this gave them a bad name. I have had 4 of the 61" 25hp Sentars and they are great.
    They just came out with a baffle kit that makes the cut great.
    I mow every lawn I have with a 61" hills and all.
    I try to buy a new one every year and sell my oldest with about 600hrs for about $3800-$4000