I really like my Honda HRC216 but it's mulching kit results are dismal. So here is how you make it work. You remove the inner baffle [unbolt] that surrounds the blade brake. You also have to disconnect the blade brake cable to get the baffle out [then reinstall the cable]. Once I got the baffle out I cut the portion out [with a grinder, its thin metal] that covers the tranny access and rebolted that section back in. I then ground the excess off up to the bolts. This mod allows the grass to move into the center of the deck and drop instead of making a trail down the left side. I also taped all of the breather holes between the engine and deck closed. I did this before removing the baffle and it helped but I have not gone back and opened them up as the machine is now mulching right there with my TTHP. I am using the stock highlift blade sharpened to center and the Honda piggyback blade that comes with the mulching plug. I never liked the cut with the low lift blade so I have not tryed it. It might help for leaf blowout. These mods make mulching northern grasses viable with the Honda if you have control of the fert program. I hope someone can use this I am satisfied as I don't have to buy another machine now.