Information on Business Card

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dsmrolla06, Nov 2, 2005.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Would anyone have any suggestion as to what to put on my business card?
    So far i have my logo at the top with a green border around the card. Under the logo says full service lawn company.

I am targeting commercial accounts so what other things should i include? I do not want to make it look to cluttered. I also have that im fully insured. Any other ideas?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what about your personal name, phone number, website
  3. dsmrolla06

Ya i have my name and number, i thought that would be kind of obvious.

I ended up putting 'Fertilization and Lawn Maintenance Programs' on one side, then 'Fully Isured, Satisfaction Guarantee' on the other
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how about a phase or saying...maybe a motto

like "Lawn & Landscaping Maintenance" or "Complete Lawn & Landscaping Maintenance and Installation."
  5. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

In Tennessee, we have to include our state charter # for pesticides. Actually, we have to include it on any printed material or logos on the vehicles.

Don't know what different states require. Personally, I have all the contact info, website and email included, and then our company motto.
  6. dsmrolla06

Im in the process of changing my logo right now. My current one is my avatar. Im just kind of looking for a few ideas. I was thinking of having the ProEDGE a dark green with LawnCare in a lighter green under it, with somekind of logo to the side. I was thinking of some sort of grass icon or something but cant seem to draw anything that would look right. The moto I thought of in about 30 seconds was 'giving your yard the cutting edge' any suggestions?
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You want something the projects a professional image. I suggest spending the $50 and having a professional design it at

I personally favor having all (or most of the popular ones) of your services listed. Too many times I have a call from the yellow pages (where I have my services listed) and hear "Oh, I see that you offer dethatching".
  8. dsmrolla06

Professional design would be another option. Anyone have any experience with this?
    Also any suggetions or comments on a slogan that would suit my name?
  9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

just my opinion, i think its very tacky when people put there personal names on their business card...
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know,...and I'm sorry, but I think your logo looks pretty darned good. It is appealing, pleasing to the eye (easy to look at), symetrical, and is stylish - almost sporty looking.
    Incidentally, the Residential - Commercial thing like what's on mine is always a good choice for symetry.