information on cub cadet M50

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 22, 2005.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I am probably going to get the M 50 tank, just waiting on the dealer to get them in. Does any one have one, and could tell me what they think of them. Hows the cut, etc...? I could have really used it this week as I only have a 32" wb and have some larger accounts that I had to mow.

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one have a tank?

3. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have a m54 this is my third season with it not one single problem so far, cuts great stripes great. i would buy another one.

4. JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA LawnSite Member
    Male, from OHIO

I have a m48,with the Honda,great machine deck cuts nice,and machine handles great.

5. anteater6788

anteater6788 LawnSite Member

We have a Cub Cadet 3660 which is the model before the M-60 tank, its the same basic frame setup but with a different hydro and a stamped deck. The cut quality on our's is very good except in very heavy grass where it will leave a very small streak between the blades once in a great while (the Tanks have a bigger blade overlap to fix that problem). There are a bunch of JD Z-tracs in our area as well as a few Dixie Choppers and I think the Cub Cadet has as good of a cut as those two brands from what I've seen although I haven't ran them side by side to say for sure.

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say the only great thing about those machines are the cut they give you, everything else is just OK. They are not engineered as well as Exmark, scag, ferris, Dixie, etc. Im not saying they are bad mowers they just aren't as good as the top brands. It will give you a nice stripe

7. JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA LawnSite Member
    Male, from OHIO

Just wondering what you think isn't built as good as the others on a Tank.I for one would move the hydro filter,hard to change where it's at,but I can't think of alot of other things wrong with it.Frame,hydros,deck,their all very good and pretty much the same as others.Thanks :)