1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Information On Proper Landscape Design

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LandscapeSolutions, Aug 11, 2005.

1. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Before I attended college I never could find a good resource teaching the ropes of landscape design. Below you will find several links for publications written by K-State Research and Extension. Essentially the topics below are all you'll need for a good foundation on the fundimentials of basic landscape design. Please keep in mind that some of the topics included in these publications are written for Kansas and may need to be altered to better suit your states climate. I'd recommend downloading and printing off each article and keeping each in a three ring binder for future reference. If you have free time, (who does though?) practice your design skills with measuring off property (your own, maybe a part of a public park) and try to deisgn a landscape for it. Good designers are not born overnight. It will take countless hours of practice before you get the hang of it. Hope this is of help to many of you.

Naturalistic Landscaping

Low Maintenance Landscaping

Energy Effecient Landscaping

Residential Landscape Design
    Note: For sale only. This large publication can be downloaded by sections, see: http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/ho...ons/s4p1-14.pdf, then s4p15-31.pdf, s4p32-47.pdf, s4p48-89.pdf, s4p90-95.pdf, s4p96-100.pdf, & s4p101-105.pdf.

Staking and Guying Landscape Trees

Water Conservation in the Home Landscape

The following are videos available for sale only:
    Principles of Residential Landscape Design, Part 1 of 2

Principles of Residential Landscape Design, Part 2 of 2