1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey all.. I'm getting ready to letter up my truck and trailer. I'm going to list the services on the tailgate. Probably with bullets.

Would you list everthing in "ing" form like above? Alphabetized?
  2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I would put: Aeration, Fertilization, Edging, Lime, Mowing, Mulch, Trimming, Seeding, and Sod.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would drop all the "ing"s. This will save money (less letters), save space and just make it easier to read.

I find myself usually listing services as in the order of importance to me. For example.....I need more mowing accounts....list "mow" at the top. I also would not include edging or trimming, these are services that are included with mowing.You are not advertising blowing are you? Unless you list like.....(bullet) Mowing,trimming & edging. Then start a new line or new bullet.

Just my opinion and how I would do it.

Good luck
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Thanks for the replies.

I was listing edging because I sometimes get requests from non yearly customers asking to have the beds edged with a trench edger or overgrown walks and curbs edged. The trimming was listed for hedge trimming which I thought the every day Joe would associate to that... maybe not.
  5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

The only problem with just dropping the "ing" on everything is then you would be listing only verbs(mow, aerate, edge), which would be grammatically incorrect. You should really list the noun, as in the service you offer.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a visual that might be helpful.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Thanks for the visual Gopher!
  8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Gopher, That looks pretty cool!!! Just by giving us a sample, i will get my order in tomorrow to get my tailgate to look like that. Thanks again for the visual, gopher.
  9. llama

llama LawnSite Member

use 9mm bullets, the 357s leave too large of a hole.
  10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Just an observation, the more things you have listed the more cluttered it looks. How about "Complete Lawn Maintenance" or "Full Service Lawn Care" in bigger letters. Having everything listed can make you look desperate for work. Let the customers eyes Concentrate on Company image and phone #.