ingenious mounts for truck loading leaf machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1BadHawk, Jan 14, 2006.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see what sort of customer mounting ideas you all have done in the way of truck loading leaf vacs.

Lets see some pics of where or how you have yours mounted.

2. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

How much does a trailer like that weigh?

I've been curious to this method, it sure makes loading AND unloading a lot faster (and easier) than a 6x12x2 non-tilt... I can only hold maybe 10 yards, and it's back-breaking work.

But the weight concerns me, do you need at least a full-ton truck to pull it, or is 3/4 ton enough?

4. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

i just have mine mounted on the tailgate of my dump truck, i hold about 14 or 15 yrds of leaves. I dont have any pics of it, everything is put away for the winter

5. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

i mounted mine on top of the gas can rack i have on my open trailer so much easier then having to lift that thing off everytime u need to dump the truck

6. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a close up of that mount if you've got one. I was thinking of doing something like that this year.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Mine's on the front of my truck.

Grain Truck Complete.jpg

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

9. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

How easy do those tubes clog up that are on the front of the truck? I mean from the top of the loader to the truck itself. It seems that if there was a clog, it'd be a pain trying to unclog it. Just curious.:confused:

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing Towing,

Beautiful setup there. . .but I am curious how do you get your equipment to the jobsite?