Initial service questions for PJ

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by hatetomow, Sep 10, 2007.

1. hatetomow

hatetomow LawnSite Member

I am going to do the 5hr oil change on my new Fastrack 21/54 with the Kawi engine this weekend.

Any specific recommendations on oil and filters? I was planning on using Mobile 1 synthetic 10W30 and a Kawi filter, but I would rather use a Fram filter if I can find one.

And on the transaxels: Can I use Amsoil 20W50 synthetic in them? Any recommendations on filters there?

Still happy with the mower. A little more than I wanted to spend but WAY mower than I've ever owned.:clapping:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

My first recommendations would be to wait to put synthetic oil until the 50 hour mark, this will allow the engine to break in the best.
    As to filters and exact oil recommendations I would get in contact with Kawasaki or a Kawasaki dealer.
    You can run the synthetic in the hydros, I would suggest the Hustler filters for the hydros also, this way you know what your getting and you will be sure you have the right ones.

3. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

If you want to run a aftermarket engine filter - use one made for the Scion XB car. Only use oem hydro filters