Injury picture...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by d&rlawncare, Aug 26, 2007.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Got to close and ripped it wide open, my hand got pinned between the handle on the mower and garage (metal carport). Hard to explain unless you see the place. Ill try to take a picture of the place next week. They closed my hand temporary. I have surgury mon or tues to repair the torn tendions. I Cant move my pointer finger at all.

:hammerhead: And YES ...I feel like an A$$

ouch.jpg

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man that looks painful. Wish you a speedy recovery? Is the tendon cut in half?

JP

3. d&rlawncare

Thanks. Yes its cut in half.

4. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Yeeowch!! Man, when you're doing anything that might bring about personal injury be sure and get your wife to do it. No sense in putting yourself at risk. Good luck on the surgery tomorrow.

5. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

ouch! Thats a nasty looking cut! Do you mind if I use it to put in my employee "scare the stupid out" handbook? Good luck with the surgery!

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Did you finish first, I don't want you to be ripping off a customer.

Get better soon. And lets see the stitch job.

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Did they say if you will get full use back? My brother was using the hedge trimmers and got his finger. Got the tendon but it did not cut it in half. Thankfully. He still does not have full mobility yet but they say he will. This happened in May.

JP

8. d&rlawncare

This is one after they cleaned it out. You can see the tendion that is still in one piece but needs to be moved back straight. Dr said it was knicked. The other tendion is cut and you cant see it.

ouch1.jpg

9. d&rlawncare

You can use it thats fine. And I forgot to say i was using a 48" hydro WB. So when my hand got pinned the "safety handle" that kills the engine was pinned as well. Still dont remember how I got it out.

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i can picture it happening man that looks bad i hope it feels better and heals soon