Inlay design

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LVHardscape, Feb 6, 2011.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

How bout the near-flat tire on that skid loader?

2. DVS Hardscaper

Personally, I'm not too big on circle kits used for table areas. The table(s) cover it up, defeating the purpose. Reminds me of the inside of the McDonalds sandwich wrappers that say "place sandwich here".

I believe circle kits should be used as accents, and should not be concealed (tables over them).

We did a large patio and the house had a BIG window centered with the patio. So we did a circle kit infront of the window, unobstructed with tables, grills, etc.

We did a large, lead walk and it "y'ed" off. So we did a circle in the middle to accent the "y".

3. LVHardscape

LVHardscape LawnSite Member

it must be the angle, since i know for a fact they were topped off before that job. The front was flat and repaired, and the filled all four.

as far as covering up the circle with tables, thats what people like to do, haha.

4. DVS Hardscaper

Just speaking as in tailgate talk, I don't think it's "what they like to do", I think it's what they *THINK* is the thing to do.

And this is where, I, as a professional contractor speak up and I say "do you really wanna spend $700 for have a circle installed only to cover it up"

5. LVHardscape

LVHardscape LawnSite Member

I've tried tons of tactics to avoid doing them, because as i mentioned, it gets old quick. .... but people eat them up!! Firepits too.....

Sitting walls are another thing that I mention them and people are like "oooooh nooo we'll never sit on it, we just want them for looks." then they load them up with potted plants! haha

no i have done half circles in front of double doors and other entrances onto the patio, and those always look neat.