Innovative companies?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by circlelawn, Jan 10, 2010.

1. circlelawn

circlelawn LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Anyone want to share how they are shaking up the lawn care industry with innovative machinery or techniques? (ie alternative fuel, company structure, etc.)

2. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking of letting my workers run the office and the managers doing the lawns this year!!! Just kidding. We have a company here that has switched all of its mowers over to propane. said it saves them something like 20% on fuel for the year. Of course thats when the changeover gets paid for.

3. circlelawn

circlelawn LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I was just researching into propane but couldn't find an exact answer on if it would save money or not. Conversion seems to be pretty easy for mowers atleast, I am not sure about trucks. Let me know how that works out for you.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I too would be interested. I'm sure Oboma will come up with some type of incentive for us...

5. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

What does a tank of propane cost( the size that best fits a mower)? How long does that tank last? Does it hurt the engine if the engine runs the propane tank dry and stalls? I may look into this for my WBs as fuel is supposed to be high this year! ANy idea on how much a normal conversion costs for say a Kawi 23hp? Thanks guys. Hey if it goes well with the mowers, I may just change that Dodge over to, as that is the main gas guzzler of my operation, not the mowers!

6. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

The fellow here that did it stated it as about 500.00 per mower. He uses alot of toro WB's