1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Innovative uses for BlackBerry to further the operation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MFNA, Apr 11, 2011.

1. MFNA

MFNA LawnSite Member

Hey guys traded in my iPhone for a BlackBerry. Any innovative ways to use it to further the operation and expand the business? besides the obviuos email phone etc...

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

why did you decide to make the trade from IPhone to Blackberry? i have a blackberry and all i ever hear is that i should make the switch to iphone.

3. MFNA

MFNA LawnSite Member

Physical Keyboard is way easier to use! I have a mac and loved it so I bought the iPhone. Had it for a week and traded for another BlackBerry. The BB is the business workhorse the iPhone is simply a toy for entertainment. On the BB contacts are easier to manage and email and messages are easier to fire off. The lack of physical keyboard and bulkiness of the phone doesn't work in landscaping imho. Hope that helps!

4. CSL&L

CSL&L LawnSite Senior Member

i love my blackberry. i cant stand touch screen phones :/

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have to agree, I don't like the touch phones. My wife has an EVO and I hate the "keyboard" even the swipe app is annoying. I just got a BlackBerry Style and its better than the Curve I had but its new and I still need to learn a few things on it. We don't get into texting or emailing any customer's so to me its just a phone. I will say the battery life isn't that great. It usually needs charged every night and I only have the weather channel app running.

6. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like my blackberry.
    A couple weeks back I was using a stick edger and was shaking when I finished. The phone rang...I talked, but when I hung up my shaky hands dropped the phone.

It cost $150. plus 12% tax here to fix it.
    Had to put the sim card into an old motorola lazer so I could get phone calls while I waited for the repair

7. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

try an otterbox phone cover on your next phone they really tough cases have saved my phone more then once

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the BB for my entire life great for appointments calender events emails pictures videos you name it it can do it

also use a hard clear plastic case not sure who makes it but it went through my mower last year and the phone didnt get much damage but the case was shot

9. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

I leave my blackberry in the truck while I mow.

Definately look into the Otterbox Defender. It is the only way to go with ANY smartphone.

10. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Otterbox it is for me then. Thanks