1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Innovative uses for BlackBerry to further the operation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MFNA, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

My wife and I carry the "my touch slide" from T mobile. Kind of best of both worlds, full keyboard and touchscreen. The app and free swipe reader from square allow us to accept credit cards in the field. Paypal app allows us to request funds transfers sooner when a customer pays that way.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Our BB's are important tools in our business. Otterbox Defender is great, and their customer service is as good as their product.
  3. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

here is what I would do:

1. Put the blackberry in your right hand
    2. Smash it on the ground
    3. Step on it to make sure it is fully smashed
    4. Go buy an iPhone
  4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

If you had an Otterbox it would still be working. :laugh:
  5. Hahaha, I love it. iPhone is def the way to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You Apple I-hole guys need to quit drinking the Kool-Aid that Steve has been feeding you for years. It's pure marketing "genius" that makes people line up for days like communists waiting on toilet paper, not cutting edge technology.:usflag:
  7. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

look on ebay for the otterbox ,bestbuy has them for $65.00 ,ebay was under $20.00 delivered to my door .
  8. Winnipeg Lawns

Winnipeg Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just upgraded to the new Black Berry torch. It's a touch screen AND physical keyboard. I'm actually really liking the touch screen for dialing. Very sharp phone. The Torch doesn't dial out by itself like my old BB Curve liked to do.
  9. Winnipeg Lawns

Winnipeg Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one of them but it's too bulky to use with the belt case. Causes to much friction.

I also bought two years of extended warranty for $125 I think it was.. what an idiot i am. I love the Torch though.
  10. siberslug

siberslug LawnSite Member

Yeah the Iphone's screen is way too small and the IOS is locked down to the point to were your option are very very limited to what you can do without a computer.
    I would not have went with Blackberry because it does not have as many good app as Android or the Iphone.

I use Android, There are over 50 different Android phone to choose from and most of them Have much bigger screens than apple so typing is not as big of an issue plus Android has voice command and voice dictation so you don't have to type.

I use MobileBiz Pro Invoice on my G-Slate witch is a 3D / 4G Android tablet, it lets me log time, products, list costumers and save there gps coordinates , create & send invoices via text, email, Bluetooth, WiFi or print, Create estimates, capture signatures, you can insert Paypal links when you send invoices via text or email, track operational costs per acct, track inventory, maintain a catalog of services you offer and track payments.

For now I'm using Mobile Credit Card Processing on my Tablet for charging CC but Google wallet is coming out this month for the Google Nexus S witch is the phone I have and it will enable me to make and receive CC payments by using the NFC chip inside by just tapping the CC or I can run the Numbers.

And that is only a few things that app does.