inovator or idiot???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fl-landscapes, Nov 19, 2010.

1. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

So Im heading to pick my son up from school and I see this guy pulling this contraption around a lawn spraying as he goes. His truck is out front and he is a pro not a homeowner. I have to see what he's doing so I pull over and talk with him and snap a pic. Its home made (obviously) 3.5 gal spot sprayer with 12v battery and shurflo pump attached to aluminum wand and tee-jet flat fan (blue tip) nozzle. So the question is, is he an innovator or just an idiot?........now before you jump on me for calling this guy an idiot...im joking a bit so lighten up in advance.

inovation.jpg

2. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say that's pretty resourceful.

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

4. fl-landscapes

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

so rather than wear a back pack and pump by hand he's dragging around a hand truck. not a bad idea. works well on Bahia, but I bet is sucks dragging it on st augustine

6. fl-landscapes

I can vouch for that, no better calve workout than pushing a manual spreader through st aug, I appreciate my gas spyker spreader for sure!

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Not bad! Looks like an old rolling suitcase frame stripped down and the essential parts for sprayer added. Needs a little larger pneumatic tires. Other than that, innovative. Nothing idiotic in my book. Just needs a little improvement.

8. fl-landscapes

good idea......

9. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a pretty neat idea! My fist thought Was the same as Teds some air filled tires would make it easy er push. I have one of though pumps it works good but Don't like how the hoses attached to the pump.

Charles Cue

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Fl Landscape

So you say the Guy witnessed the birth of agriculture or his first Xmas was the first Xmas. Hello!!! Florida is God's waiting room. Our County has the oldest average age of any place in the WORLD. Deaths out numbers birth in our county by 10 to 1 because this is retirement city. Not surprising that some Blue Haired Yard Boy would be too lazy or sickly to want to strap on a back pack sprayer.

On the Plus side. I do see what appears to be a recirculating agitation that a standard 12V Back Pack doesn't have. The thing of a bob also appears to fold up. That might be one of it's strongest points in the fact it doesn't take up a lot room.

Minus side is the wheel size as already pointed out. Also the Tank size appears limited. But these smaller size tank and wheels might be a plus on the storage room the unit takes. As a spot spot sprayer I see this as faster than bring out a 300 ft hose.