Input needed, JRCO dethatchers and my dilema!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by verant, Apr 22, 2009.

1. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, I have a 2007 Everride Warrior I just got, and I will need a thatcher for it. But I'm not sure if they even have a mounting bracket for everride from JRCO. Well, I already have a different generic front mount thatcher that I have from a Kubota that I am selling. A custom bracket was made for it by my dealer, but I will need to have my dealer make another custom bracket for that thathcer to fit my everride, assuming the everride frame will work for it. How much are these JRCO detchers and how easy are they to assemble?
    I would need one to fit a 54" everride warrior. So my dilema is whether to sell my thatcher with the Kubota and then buy a JRCO, or keep the thatcher I already have and get a custom bracket for it to fit the everride.
    So I need to know If JRCO is an option for everride or if any of you have gotten your thatchers from somewhere else? And what do u think would be the best option for me?

Thanks for reading and replies!! :clapping:

2. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Dont quote me on this but after looking at pictures of the Everride Warriors i dont see why a custom bracket would be needed. Looks to me like the standard bracket used on floating decks would work. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and it took a hour or so to fully assemble. The toughest part for me was drilling the holes in the correct spot on the mounting bracket which secures it to the front wheels. Overall its a great product and has already paid for itself after 4 uses. Cost me $545 out the door and that was for a 60" model

3. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. LawnSite Member

Go to jrcoinc.com The mount bar for your machine is a 45EW. The rake model is a 475/60EW. Should be priced around 500-600. When I got my 60" thatcher it came with a mounting bar. I would probably go with a 46" thatcher for your mower mine is a little wide if the ground is not nice and flat.

4. verant

i did go to JRCO web site. What bracket would I be looking at? I dont see everride on their site

5. verant

Okay so JRCO on everride warrior will work...but being that its a 54 in deck, I can only go with the 46 in detchtcher. The thatcher I have now is a 54 in on a 54 in deck, so i works great.

6. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. LawnSite Member

I would probably then get the 60" heavy duty then and chop it down to the 54" size that you need. I think they only come in three sizes but not exactly sure on that.

7. verant

thanks PILC for the info....ah i dont have the tools to chop it down tho. and yeah they only come in three sizes

8. verant

I think the best choice would be to sell my thatcher with the Kubota I am selling as it fits perfectly and will add to its selling point. otherwise, i would have to make a custom bracket for the everride as the thatcher is not JRCO brand. I think startin over and buyin a JRCO may be the best option at the moment, prolly smarter financially too.

9. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. LawnSite Member

glad to help out. check with a local welding shop to see if they could cut 3 inces off each side. It wouldnt take alot to do but not sure what a welding shop gets in that area. good luck

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 46" JRCO on a 52" mower, it is a good setup. I also bought the leaf plow for fall cleanup, it fits on the same JRCO bracket.