input on a gravely pm 34z??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of buying a pm 34z due to the price and the fact that it can fit through 36" gates. Being a ztr i could use on all my accounts and still be ok, and not have to get the 48" wb off the trailer except for the bigger acounts when i would run both. I was looking at 36" wb but i can get this for about $500 more then a hydro wb. Any comments on this unit, it is new this year so im not sure if anyone hs used it yet??

Thanks

Rich

2. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I test drove one and thought it would be an asset. Why walk when you can ride. It's not supposed to be great on slopes.

3. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

I tested one and was very impressed with its cut and the ability to discharge grass. It has good quality pumps for a unit that is priced at this level. I hope to get this or a larger Gravely. I have to get rid of my Toro 32" before I can make this purchase though.

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at one at the local dealer's today. Looks like a well built unit, basically a scaled down version of their larger mowers. Probably wouldn't be great on slopes due to the narrow profile, but it is a mower I would definitely consider if I buy a second unit. Neill