input on exmark lazer ct (z turn)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Jun 1, 2004.

1. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

I need some input regarding exmark lazer ct (z turn).
    48" with kohler 18hp, 2003 model.
    Price around $4800

What is your thought?

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

if you'r going to use this unit commercialy dont get it. it's an estate mower for homeowners.look at the lazer hp it is the full blown commercial mower.but if you do go with it get the one with the 19 hp kaw. it's a twin with more torque.

3. Alpine Lanscape

Alpine Lanscape LawnSite Member

I use a 44 ct for commercial use and put about 260 hrs on it this year. It mulches better than any toro or scag Ive ever owned. It fits into small places and Ive mowed up to 6 acres with it. Its not built like a "homeowner" machine. I expect to get to get several more years out of it then put a 19kaw on it. The 18n koh could use a little more pop for heavy mulching. Its a grat machine. A 48 with a 18 koh will work if you discharge .

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Ahh... should be nice when the 31HP Briggs gets back out of testing on these eXmarks......

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

the new exmark 31hp. will be out in aug. its gona be on the xp frame

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have to agree w/Alpine, as long as the power meets your needs, and you understand it's not as fast, I don't see any proof yet that functionally it's not as capable or long lasting as the hp models for moderate use. On a 44" deck, it should suffice. Not everybody is mowing foot tall grass all the time.

The torque on the 18hp single would be my biggest concern, especially since I mulch a lot of the time.

But that said, it's probably no big money saver in the long run, since my experience is that any mower that isn't "bigtime" doesn't resell for as much as one seen as being a real commercial mower by the public. It's about $1000 less than a 17kawi hp.

7. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I'm with sawman -yes it's an exmark and it's a graet machine but is really not intanded for commercial use I have several accounts that a smaller mower was needed I looked at and consider the ct but went with the hp which is a full blown commercial machine and I have no regrets