1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Input on Hustler 25hp 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tye, Jan 25, 2003.

1. tye

tye LawnSite Member
    from zone3

Just wondering what thoughts some of you have in regards to the build quality and the cut quality of the Hustler 25hp with 60" deck? This is a machine I've read a little about but would like to read more about from those who have had experience with it.
    I was interested in:

* the overall build quality of the machine

* how do you like the cut without a mulcher (the spread of clippings good?) or with a mulcher(if they make this)?

* how do you like the bac-vac system (is 25hp enough to do a job well with this system)?

* what major problems have any of you had with this machine?

Thank you in advance for your input!
  2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Used the Super Z 25/60 during most of the 2002 season. The overall quality is excellent. The ease of service is a real plus. Holds 12 gal of fuel and runs all day. After 400 hrs no repair issues at all. We do take care of our equipment with regular service and cleaning.

Gives a supercut and we don't use a mulching kit. Plenty of power in tall wet grass. We don't use any bac-vac systems and wouldn't because the sand here eats them to pieces. Really holds a slope well. This Hustler is as good or better, especially the ease of service as any Scagg, ExMark or Toro we've had in the past. Would buy another when the need arises. Ck out a local dealer, get an onsite demo. Good luck.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Awsome machine period!

Cut's great, as good as I have ever seen. Great side discharging, mulching seemed good from what little experience I have seen with it.

Built like a tank, super heavy duty.

Best made for servicing as far as I am concerned.

Best on hills though some would say a Walker can exceed it, but it is awsome just the same.

Not sure how the bagger is, but I am sure it would be fine.

You will not be disapointed in that unit.

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I rode a super z at expo,it rides good and it is superfast.priced a super z for 7695 25/60.the slower one,25/60 was 7295.You cant beat that with a stick!!:D
  6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

The Hustler looks to be a very well built machine. I've tried them on the dealer's lot & at the expo, might have bought one except the only local Hustler dealer wanted list price for his Z & Super Z while pushing his leftover Lazers. I am impressed with the Hustler Z's & hope we have more Hustler dealers in the future.
  7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 60in/25hp super z as well, I couldn't agree any more than what Shady Brook and Equipguy already said. I sold both of my Bobcat Riders, and I am gonna order two more super z's before the season starts...
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The Bac-Vac unit was the best collection system on the market, in my opnion, when I bought my Hustler. One person can remove or install the unit in minutes, with out tools.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Who is the dealer ?
    Please pm me this info........

10. dogdad

dogdad LawnSite Member

Last year I bought a 52" 23 Kaw. It cut well and was made very well. However i had problems with the gas leaking at the caps, They switched out tanks and caps,but it didn't help.The vent system evidently was not working correctly. Next I had paint problems. Paint was peeling off in places(and not where the machine had been hit). It turned out a couple of dealers had told me that other people were having paint problems to. Hustler was either replacing the decks or repainting them. I had them buy it back. But the machine did cut well and was made well. I just don't want gas all over the thing or paint just comming off.